Backing The Bold - Help us support tomorrow's financial technology firms
Element is a venture capital firm focused on enterprise financial technology. Our principals are proud to have backed some of the best founders in the industry and had the privilege of co-investing with the world’s leading financial services and venture firms. Our LP base provides an unparalleled entrepreneurial network of experience, connectivity, expertise and credibility. A unique venture platform for fintech founders, backed by fintech founders.
We’re high conviction investors, working closely with a small number of portfolio companies in any way they need us. We are a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial team. We pride ourselves on our partnership approach and supporting the founders we back.
About the role:
As Head of Platform, you will play a key role in the evolution of Element as we support founders transforming the financial services industry.
Your role will be to create and nurture a community, the Element Platform, where our founders can benefit from the connectivity, insights and support of our friends and network. As our portfolio and network grows, the value that the Element Platform can generate for our founders, by continually sharing the best practices and making the right connections, grows immensely.
Head of Platform is a new role for Element, and we’re excited about the potential it brings! The role will require building the Platform product from the bottom up. Your blank canvass.
We value people who are smart, straight forward, committed, curious, creative and brave. People with deep integrity. We offer clear pathways for professional growth and upward mobility based on hard work and merit. If you have a strong desire to build something very special, then please reach out.
As Head of Platform, you will:
· Be responsible for developing Element’s strategic approach to supporting our global portfolio including leading the infrastructure and processes to:
· Manage ongoing CEO relationships and develop recurring best practices
· Alongside Element’s partners, develop and manage our LP and wider network to deliver value to our portfolio companies and LPs
· Establish B2B Fintech Operations best practices including data benchmarks to share with our founders
· Expand and promote an engaged community through events, forums, newsletters and online
· Lead the content strategy for all aspects of Element
· Productize the core offering of the Platform
· Plan and Execute events including virtual and in-person dinners, gatherings, etc.
· Get exposure to a diverse set of early-stage B2B financial technology companies
· Join a lean, dynamic team and receive significant responsibility and experience
· Develop, grow, and nurture your own network / relationships with technology CEOs and Venture Funds.
Who we’re looking for:
· Someone who loves to work with entrepreneurs and early-stage start-ups, especially fintech, while serving as an Element ambassador to the tech community.
· 3+ years of professional experience, preferably within any of the following:
· A high-growth, venture-backed technology company - ideally in fintech (operations, strategy or general management),
· A similar Platform role at another VC and are ready to lead the program yourself,
· Demonstrated excellence in program design and project management
· Deeply networked within the fintech ecosystem
· Entrepreneurial drive and desire to help grow and develop a business with a flat hierarchy.
· Fast-moving but also structured and organized
· Understands that venture capital is a team sport and is excited to collaborate, help grow the portfolio, and build the firm
· Positive attitude and a sense of humour -- you will need to embrace regular change as we are a continuously evolving, lean team
Apply here - email@example.com